Pages

Saturday 7 January 2017

TWENTY SIXTEEN - PART FORTY

                                          TWENTY SIXTEEN -           PART FORTY

                                           Hello folks,

The power went off again during the night and only came back on this morning at 9.30.

I want to wish my grandson, Struan,  a happy birthday - his birthday is the day after mine - but do not know how to  contact him. He lives in Australia.  Try unsuccessfully to find him on face book.

My friend Marieta phones me (a day late)  to wish me for my birthday.  Danny arrives and sorts out the recurring toilet problem. The house is very old and the pipes have narrowed overtime due to impacting of waste on the walls of the pipes.

Decide to give transcription jobs another try.  Find a nice post on google which also offers a download of an application form - looking promising - take screenshots with tablet as the article is approximately six pages long.

Late afternoon Ruth and I discuss it  - and she reads the screenshots. We both decide to give it a try - she asks me to email it to her so that she can download the application form and we will take it from there. 

Now I want to email it and       I cannot find it. I waste a         lot of data in my search. I         decide to reread the                 screenshots and discover         that if you download you         make yourself liable for           R10 per day. 


I have been caught like this once before, "in the good old days" before our financial woes began - It is done so subtly that you don't know you are being led into a trap. The previous one was for R7 per day and was worded in such a way that you were unaware of the implications and it took me 25 days at R7 per day before I discovered I had been "taken for a ride".

So transcription jobs are blocked once more.  If anyone out there knows how we can overcome this problem  I will be so pleased if you would communicate with me . We so badly need to do this - but can't figure out how.  It may be that someone out there can offer us some transcription work.

next post  15th January


               
                              




     



 

















No comments:

Post a Comment