Pages

Sunday 11 June 2017

TWENTY SEVENTEEN - PART 11

                                        

TWENTY SEVENTEEN               - PART ELEVEN

 Hello folks,  


 Charmaine comes to work  today. Because of the heavy rain yesterday she was unable to. 

Today is blood test day. We can't leave her alone with the dogs because Sally is too temperamental and we always have to watch her when a domestic is around so we let Charmaine  do the dishes and the floors  and send her home.

We take Benjy and Harry with us when we go for blood tests, we cannot risk leaving Harry to climb out of windows and Ruth feels sorry for Benjy being left behind.

The trip is extremely unpleasant, Benjy can't settle and keeps mauling me in his anxiety. I am on the back seat with both the dogs on leashes and very uncomfortable. 

Harry curls up and goes to sleep but Benjy is on my lap then off then on then off. This goes on for three and a half hours while we also do some shopping.

I can't wait to get home. I am exhausted from Benjy's restlessness. Harry also throws up on the seat on the way home.  We get home at midday and find the power is off again. More discomfort. House is dark and gloomy, the batteries on cell phones and tablets are flat and there is no Television.  I sleep all afternoon.

Power comes on at 5.15pm but goes off again half an hour later.  We are hoping it will come back on shortly but that doesn't happen. Our last candle is almost depleted. We have lots of them but they are still packed away somewhere.

We face a long dark                 night. My torch also                 disappeared into a box and has not yet been found, but was also not working properly due
to the battery  being almost flat.

I have already blown out the candle when I realize my hearing aid is still in my ear. I take it out and put it on the bedside table and then rest my head on the pillow. I immediately feel my hearing aid in still in my ear. It has come apart and is now in two pieces. It also goes onto the bedside table. Hopefully nothing will go wrong during the night but it is impossible to see to put the pieces together and in their safety box.

Something falls from the ceiling and across my right eye. It some kind of insect, it clings and I struggle to pull it off. It makes the sound of velcro as I pull it away from my skin. I can't identify it in the dark and it slips out of my grasp. I will never know what it was. No matter how hard I try I can't associate it with anything I have ever dealt with. It was stick-like and long and thin like a grasshopper.  I have visions of the insect having damaged my eye even though I have felt no pain.  I entrust everything to God, He is in control and I go to sleep. 

next post   18th June






                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment