Pages

Saturday 24 June 2017

TWENTY SEVENTEEN - PART THIRTEEN

                                       TWENTY SEVENTEEN         - PART THIRTEEN


Hello folks,

It is now Saturday 25th, I woke up in the early hours completely off balance. I had to battle to stay on my feet without falling when going to the bathroom (the walker does not fit in everywhere). Had to literally hold onto walls to prevent myself from falling.

My head was spinning and I was disorientated. My neck was also stiff and sore.  This continues till midday. I am even dizzy while lying on the bed.

Feeling better by mid morning.

Sunday 26th February, Ruth is not well. 

Monday 27th Charmaine's last day before going on a months leave. 

 Tuesday 28th Fiona's birthday.

Wednesday 1st March - Charmaine comes to work, she has changed her mind. She will no longer be taking leave as previously arranged.

We are very pleased, she is very trustworthy and we were not looking forward to someone else in our home. All the previous ones stripped us of goods including a lot of  our bedding.

Thursday 2nd March  - power goes off  at 7.30pm - life is not comfortable. I no longer have a torch so cannot get to the bathroom in the dark. Too risky with a candle at my age.  Spend another night in the dark.  There is a limit to how much you can sleep and there are no other distractions available.

Friday 3rd March - power comes on at 1pm, it has been off for  over eighteen hours. Ruth goes to town to do some shopping. She has been ill again for more than a week now.  She buys  me a new torch - another problem solved.

Saturday 4th March - Danny comes to fix our tumble dryer and do some other jobs for us. He will first go to the chemist to get some citro soda for Ruth as she has pain in her kidney area.

Our last healthy meal 
was Sunday 26th February. We have been living on pies,
 bread and buns. I am now constipated and suffering from heartburn. Our next healthy meal is tomorrow Sunday 5th March hopefully.

The house flies in this place are intolerable. Right from day one it has been a constant battle. We no longer eat off plates but put our food into plastic containers with lids so that each time you take a bite or a forkful you can cover the rest of the food while chewing. 

We have tried many other ways of deterring them but this seems to be the best solution.

Tuesday 7th March  - We go to town for my blood tests. I also have some problems on my tablet and cell phone to sort out at Vodacom. I also need a service on my hearing aid. 

We take the two small dogs with us and again it is extremely uncomfortable. We  decide to go home and leave the servicing of the hearing aid  and the Vodacom problems for tomorrow.  Ruth has  doctor's appointment for tomorrow and she will sort it out after her appointment.

We are trusting in  our Lord - not our will but His be done. Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him.

Next post 2nd July





No comments:

Post a Comment