Pages

Thursday 17 March 2016

MY FAVOURITE PSALMS - PART ONE

THE FOLLOWING VERSES ARE ONES THAT I HAVE TAKEN   AT RANDOM FROM THE PSALMS AND HAVE MEMORISED THEM OVER THE YEARS - FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT ENJOY THEM THERE WILL BE ONE POST PER WEEK.







Worship the Lord with reverence
 and rejoice with trembling, 
for Thou O Lord are a shield to me,
 my glory and the lifter of my head.

I cried unto the Lord, with my voice, 
and He answered me from
 His holy mountain.
 In peace  I will lie down and sleep,
 for Thou alone O Lord doth 
make me to dwell in safety.

At Thy holy mountain 
I will bow in reverence to Thee.
 Let all who take refuge in Thee
 be glad, let them ever sing for joy,
 and mayest Thou shelter them,
 that all who love Thy name
 may exult in Thee. 

I will give thanks to the Lord,
according to His righteousness
I will sing praises to the name
of the Lord Most High.
O Lord, Our Lord, how majestic
is Thy name in all the earth.
Who hath displayed Thy splendour 
above the heavens. 

 When I consider Thy heavens
 and the work of Thy fingers, 
the moon and the stars that Thou 
hast ordained, 
what is man that Thou dost 
take thought of him, 
and the son of man, that Thou
 dost care for him. Yet Thou hast
 made him a little lower than 
the angels and crowned him with
 glory and majesty.

Thou hast made him to rule over
 the works of Thy hands. 
Thou dost put all things under his feet.
 All sheep and oxen  and also the
 beasts of the field, the birds of 
the heaven, and the fish in the sea
 and whatsoever passes through
 the paths of the sea.

O Lord, Our Lord, how majestic
 is Thy name in all the earth.
I will give thanks to the Lord 
with all my heart
I will tell of all Thy wonders'
I will be glad and rejoice in Thee
I will sing praises to the
name of the Lord Most High.

The Lord abides forever.
 He has established His throne
 for judgement and He will judge
 the earth in righteousness. 
He will execute judgement for 
the people with equity.
The Lord will also be a stronghold
for the oppressed, a stronghold
in the time of trouble, and all who know
Thy name will put their trust in Thee
for Thou O Lord, hast not forsaken 
those who seek Thee.


To be continued..









No comments:

Post a Comment