Pages

Friday 25 March 2016

MY FAVOURITE PSALMS - PART TWO

                                    Sing praises to the Lord
Who dwells in Zion,
Declare among the people His deeds.
He does not forget the
cry of the afflicted. 
The Lord is King 
                                          forever and ever.
        O Lord, Thou hast heard the
        cry of the humble, Thou wilt strengthen
        their heart.  Thou wilt incline Thine ear.

        In Thee, O Lord, do I take refuge,
        The Lord is in His holy temple,
        The Lord's throne is in heaven,
        His eyes behold, His eyelids test,
        the sons of men.
       The Lord tests the righteous and 
        the wicked.

        The Lord is righteous,
        He loves righteousness,
        The upright will behold His face
        The Words of the Lord are pure Words,
         as silver tried in the furnace of the earth,
         refined seven times.
        Thou O Lord will keep them,
        Thou wilt preserve him from this
        generation for ever.  
         I have trusted in Thy loving kindness
        my heart will rejoice in Thy salvation.

         O Lord, who may abide in Your tent?
         And who may dwell in Your holy hill?
         He who walks with integrity,
         and works righteousness,
         and speaks truth in his heart.
         He does not slander with his tongue
         nor does evil to his neighbour,
         Nor does he take up a reproach
         against his friend
         in whose eyes a reprobate is despised.
         He does not put out his money
         at interest
         neither does he take up a bribe
         against the innocent.
         He who does these things
         shall never be shaken.

         Preserve me, O Lord,
         for I take refuge in Thee,
         I said to the Lord, 
         "Thou art my God
         I have no good beside Thee."
         The Lord is ny portion and
         my inheritance and my cup
         Thou dost support my lot,
         The lines have fallen to me
         in pleasant places.

         Indeed my heritage is beautiful
         to me
         I will bless the Lord who 
         has counselled me
         Indeed my mind instructs me
         in the night.
         I have set the Lord continually
         before me
         Because He is at my right hand
                  I shall never be shaken,
         therefore my heart is glad,
         and my glory rejoices,
         My flesh also shall dwell
         securely.

to be continued..
         
         






         



                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment