Pages

Saturday 4 February 2017

TWENTY SIXTEEN - PART FORTY FOUR

                                         
                                            TWENTY SIXTEEN -             PART FORTY  FOUR

 Hello folks, 

 It is Friday the 11th                  November, Ruth is still very  sick.

 Doctor only gave her more flu medications. She is very constipated because there are no funds for the medication she takes to eliminate this.  I do some more research on google for alternatives but become overwhelmed. 

I Cannot think straight anymore. I feel everything is getting too much for me.  Don't go there. Trust in the Lord, He will bring you through this or take you home to be with Him.  Oh how wonderful that would be.!

Saturday 12th, no change, still sick.  I am now unable to gain access to the internet - I have 700mb data but cannot access. It is the second day now and my blogs are behind and there is nothing I can do.  Will try again tomorrow.

Sunday 13th - I am definitely not superstitious but what a horrible day this has been. At 9.30am I still have no access to internet. I try everything, but nothing works.  

Daniel instructs me step by step on whatsapp on how to do a system restore - while busy Ruth comes to remind me that I must cook Sunday lunch as she is still too ill. When food is cooked Ruth comes and does the finishing touches like adding butter to veggies and dishing up the food. Lunch is more than an hour late due to the internet problem.

It is now afternoon. I try again. Now even my blog button that was connected to chrome has now disappeared. Using the sim card in a modem - when I click on the Vodacom button it tells me I have no access and must  move to a position where I can gain access.

I am unable to do this as the battery does not work and the laptop only works when plugged into the electrical power point, where it is standing. When I click on the 5bar button on the far right it says that I am connected but Chrome won't respond - same happens when I resort to wifi from my tablet.  Wifi works on tablet in the same destination  as laptop so why should I have to move the laptop to another destination?  Doesn't make sense. 

Take a break and hear a            massive explosion in the          kitchen. Go to look and find    Ruth already there.  There        were two plastic cold drink      bottles of home made              ginger beer in the door of the fridge and one of them has exploded. 

What a mess!  Most of the fridge's contents are now on the floor. Ruth is standing at the sink with the second bottle of explosive ginger beer held upside down in the sink partly submerged in a bowl of water which was in the sink at time of explosion. She turned the cap of the bottle to let the gas out but quickly closed it again as the pressure was too great. It is now only slightly open restricting the gas from escaping too quickly. 

She hands it over to me while she starts cleaning up the mess by the fridge. Each time I try to lift the bottle from the bowl of water I get sprayed with ginger beer.  It happened to her as well.  She is soaked in ginger beer. 

Now while writing this blog I realize how amazing it is that neither of us were physically hurt. She was in the kitchen when it happened and if she had opened the fridge when the bottle exploded it would have exploded in her face. Also both of us in turn let out the gas from the second bottle, while the cap was still on - we were literally holding a bomb in our hands and deliberately restraining the gas from escaping too quickly. I shudder to think what could have happened if that bottle exploded while one of us was holding it.
I still believe in miracles - and that was really a big miracle.

We have quite a bit of damage to the inside of the fridge. Both of us are in bad shape because of all the things we have been going through. I am physically sick and Ruth is more ill than I am. Then there is still the problem of the rent looming like a sword over our heads.

Then I think of Job in the Bible and remember that his trials were far greater than ours. I also remember that our heavenly Father is working on us to perfect us for His kingdom. If all of this had  happened to us a few months ago  I wonder whether we would have been able to face it so stoically. So you see that it just makes our faith grow stronger.

Outwardly nothing in our circumstances has changed, they have in fact grown worse. But the change is taking place inwardly "and we know that all things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose."  Romans:8:28

Also "No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man. God is faithful and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation He will provide a way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."
1st Corinthians 10:13

I now go back to the laptop - my blog button is back, everything is back to normal except I still cannot access the internet.

next post 12th February






No comments:

Post a Comment