Pages

Sunday 19 February 2017

TWENTY SIXTEEN - PART FORTY SIX

                                    TWENTY SIXTEEN -
    PART FORTY SIX

    Hello folks, 

                                         Today, 18th  when I told  Danny on whatsapp the latest  developments  he informed      me that Amanda came to see him and also told him that they want us to move to a cottage but she said they would fence off an area for the dogs. She also wanted Steve and Andy's phone numbers.  We can see that they are really trying to help us. The goal posts change because they are trying to find a  suitable solution.

22nd Car battery flat midday  - Ruth phones Danny.  He will come and help.

23rd - Ruth's phone and tablet won't charge , she thinks the charger she bought about three weeks ago is the culprit. She is going to take it back tomorrow and demand her R450 back. 

24th  Ruth goes to town to sort out the charger       problem. She leaves at about 10am. I am still         half asleep as I had a bad night with the storm worrying Harry. Shop refuses to refund for battery charger - have some feeble excuse.

She has just left and already I start panicking - now I am wide awake. Her car battery had given her trouble - Danny had charged it but there was no guarantee that it would not stall while she is on the road.

 
  Both her cell and her tablet      are not working - what will      she do if the car does stall?      How will she get help?  I        should have given her my        phone.


Few of us know our own cell numbers let alone those of our nearest and dearest. How is she going to get help if she cannot contact anyone?  I frantically send her a whatsapp to get her to come back for my phone completely forgetting she will not get my message.

I whatsapp Danny and relate my fears,  at first he comforts me then admonishes me, "Well her car was working, don't wake sleeping dogs."

I feel ashamed. God is in control, when will I ever learn - I tell Danny that and he says  "You are the only one who can answer that."

next post   26th February


No comments:

Post a Comment