Pages

Wednesday 6 December 2017

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY - PART 65

                              
ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY

PART 65 

Due to unforseen circumstances this post has changed to Wednesday for this week only.

(Mark Cahill's Book)

On a flight one day, I was sitting next to a scientist in the Air Force. He was very intrigued and wanted information on the proofs for God and the Bible's reliability.

Once he heard the evidence he wanted to know what it took to go to heaven. So I went through The Ten Commandments
with him. I asked, "have you ever told a lie? "  He replied, "yes."  I said 
"So what does that make you if you told a lie?" 
He said "human." 

Pretty good answer, also very true!

I said, "If someone murders, he is a murderer. If someone rapes, he is a rapist. If you tell a lie, what does that make you?  He said, "a liar."   I asked, "have you ever stolen something?" 
He said, "yes."  I asked, " What does that make you? "  He said "a thief."  

I asked,  " have you ever lusted in your heart?"  he said, " yes."  I told him that 
Jesus said if we lust in our hearts it is the same as committing adultery. 

"Have you ever taken the Lord's Name in vain?"   He said that he had. I told him that is blasphemy in the eyes of God. 
"Have you ever been angry with someone?"  he said that he had. I told him that anger is the same in God's eyes as murder. It is murdering someone in your heart.

I then looked at him and said, " you have just told me that you are a liar, a thief, an adulterer, a blasphemer, and a murderer, 
according to the standard of God's Law.
By that standard would you be guilty or not guilty on judgement day.  He answered ,"Guilty." 

I asked  " would that mean heaven or hell? "
He said, "Hell," 

I asked "  Does it bother you that you would be going to hell? "  He said,  "yes."  

Then he asked me what it would take 

to make sure that he didn't go to hell for eternity.  And I got happy.

You see the Law of God leads us to 
discover that we will be guilty on judgement day, so that we will begin 
to earnestly seek a way to go from "guilty" to "not guilty"  when we finally stand before God as our Judge.
The Bible tells us :
"Wherefore the Law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith."
(Galatians: 3:24)

When you face the Law of God, it speaks to your conscience, just like it did to the Air Force Scientist's. Our conscience informs us that we have broken the commands of Almight God, Whose Law , as we have seen is written on our 
hearts. And our conscience tells us about it continually:
".....which shew the work of the Law
written in their hearts, their conscience
also bearing witness and their thoughts, the meanwhile accusing or excusing
one another ..... "(Romans:2:15)

By God's standard,, right now, how are you doing?

next post 11th December






No comments:

Post a Comment