Pages

Sunday 10 December 2017

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY -PART 67

                                            ONE HEARTBEAT                                                AWAY

       PART 67

(Mark Cahill's Book)

Well, if you know me, you know that I had to find someone to talk to. So I walked over and got into a talk with a guy, Richard, who turned out to be "Tiger Woods"  body double.

I said, "what do you do, his stunts?"  I 
couldn't figure out why he would need a body double.

He told me that when there was a hand shot, or a shot from a long distance of Tiger in a commercial, it was actually him!  Richard grew up in Mississippi  and - because he'd been drifting away from what he'd been taught as a child - really needed a challenge to start standing up for his beliefs.  

Then I got into a talk with Vince Coleman, who used to play major-league baseball. He was a tremendous player and played a lot of years with the New York Mets, and the St Louis Cardinals. I had actually met him 
before at Charles' house in Phoenix.

As we talked he told me that he goes to 
church every Sunday in Phoenix. Then I 
showed him my first book. He looked at it and said twice, "I want your book right now."  He told me that he was going to begin reading it in his hotel that night.

He had just gotten to 
Orlando to do some 
work with the Atlanta            
Braves' instructural-
league players on their 
base training.

I told him that I had thought I was coming there that day to witness to Tiger  but maybe the whole reason I was there was to challenge him to boldly begin to stand up for Jesus with his friends.


Meanwhile, every ten or fifteen minutes during the shoot, the commercial's director would fire some hostile question at me, from fifteen feet away, 
in front of everybody. He thought he would antagonize me with his questions. But it was Satan trying to mess with me while I was doing the Lord's work.

One time the director fired off the statement, "Jesus could not have been the Son of God because He would have been a vegetarian."  
I began to smile. He said that Jesus ate fish, so He couldn't be the Son of God. I started to laugh. He looked at me twice and both times said, "don't laugh!" He told me that the Son of God would not have killed another creature. He'd mentioned some Indian beliefs earlier so
 I was pretty sure this guy worshiped the 
creation rather than the Creator.

I looked at him and said, " Jesus made the fish, He can eat one if He wants to!"  Everyone, but the director, looked like they were trying to hide a smile. What was interesting was that this man obviously was trying to get under my skin in front of a lot of people. But I tried to hold my ground, in a very loving way, you could tell it was backfiring on him. 

I saw this guy run roughshod over many of the workers and verbally cut them down. He could not have been a real fun guy to work for. So the people on the set appreciated me taking a stand.

next post 12th December





No comments:

Post a Comment