Pages

Friday 24 June 2016

MY FAVORITE PSALMS - PART FIFTEEN

 The Mighty One, God,  has spoken
 and summoned the  earth from the rising of  the sun to its setting.
                                      


 Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty
 God has shone forth.

May our God come, and not keep silence
Fire devours before Him
and it is very tempestuous around Him
He summons the heaven above
and the earth to judge His people
Gather my Godly ones to me,
Those who have made a covenant
to me by sacrifice
and the heavens declare His righteousness
For God Himself is judge.

Offer to God thanksgiving, and pay
your vows to the Most High
Call upon Me in the day of trouble
I will deliver you and you shall
Glorify Me
Whoever offers praises, glorifies Me
and to him who orders his conduct
aright I will show the salvation of God.

Have mercy upon me, O God,
According to Your righteousness
According to the multitude of Your
tender mercies.
Blot out my transgressions
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin
For I acknowledge my transgressions
and my sin is always before me.

Against You,  You only, have I sinned
and done this evil in Your sight
that You may be found just
when You speak
and blameless when You judge


  Behold I was brought forth       in iniquity
  and in sin my mother               conceived me
   Behold, You desire truth
  in the hidden part,
  You will make me to know
   wisdom.


Purge me with hyssop and I shall be clean
Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow
Make me hear joy and gladness
that the bones You have broken may rejoice
Hide your face from my sins
and blot out my iniquities.

Create in Me a clean heart, O Lord,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me
Do not cast me away from Your presence
and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me, the joy of Your salvation
and uphold me by Your generous Spirit
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways
and sinners shall be converted to You.

Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed
O God, the God of my salvation
and my tongue shall sing aloud 
of Your righteousness
O Lord, open my lips and my mouth
shall show forth Thy praise
for You do not desire sacrifice
or else I would give it
You do not delight in burnt offering
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit
A broken and a contrite heart - these
O Lord, You will not despise.


next post   1st July





No comments:

Post a Comment