Pages

Friday 3 June 2016

MY FAVOURITE PSALMS - PART TWELVE

                                      By the Word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of His mouth all their host.
                                       


 He gathers the waters of the deep
 together as a heap,
He lays up the deeps in storehouses,
Let all the earth fear the Lord
Let all the inhabitants of the world
stand in awe of Him,
For He spoke and it was done,
He commanded and it stood fast.
Behold the eye of the Lord
is upon those who fear Him
On those who hope for His lovingkindness
To deliver their soul from death
and to keep them alive in famine.



Our soul waits for the Lord,
He is our help and our shield
For our heart rejoices in Him
because we trust in His holy 
Name,
Let Thy lovingkindness, O Lord
be upon us,
according as we have hoped 
in Thee.


I will bless the Lord at all times
His praise shall continually  be in my mouth
My soul shall make its boast
 in the Lord
The humble shall hear it and rejoice
O magnify the Lord with me
let us exalt His Name together
I sought the Lord and He 
answered me
and delivered me from all my fears
They looked to Him and were
 radiant and their faces shall never
 be ashamed
This poor man cried and the 
Lord heard him
and delivered him from all
 his troubles
The angel of the Lord encamps 
around all those who fear Him
and  He rescues them.


O taste and see that the Lord is good
how blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him
O fear the Lord, you His saints
For to those who fear Him there shall be no want
the young lions do lack and suffer hunger
but those who seek the Lord shall
not be in want of any good thing.


O my soul, rejoice in the Lord
Let it exult in His salvation
I will give Thee thanks in the
 great congregation
I will praise Thee amongst
a mighty throng
My tongue shall declare Thy 
righteousness
and Thy praise all the day long
Thy lovingkindness O Lord 
extends to the heavens
Thy faithfulness reaches to the skies
Thy righteousness is like the
 mountains of God
Thy judgments are like a great deep
O Lord, Thou preservest both man
and beast.


next post   10th June



No comments:

Post a Comment