Pages

Thursday 15 December 2016

MY FAVORITE PSALMS - PART FORTY

MY FAVORITE PSALMS -
 PART FORTY



O Lord, God of my         salvation I have cried     day and night before     Thee. 



Let my prayer come before Thee, incline Thine ear unto my cry, for my soul is full of troubles and my life draweth nigh unto the grave. 

I am counted with them that go down to the pit. I am as a man that has no strength.

Free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom Thou rememberest no more; and  they are cut off from Thy hand.

Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness in the deeps.

Thy wrath lieth hard upon me, and Thou hath afflicted me with all Thy waves. Selah

Thou hast put away my acquaintance far from me; Thou hast made me an abomination unto them. I am shut up and cannot come forth. Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction: Lord, I have called daily upon Thee. I have stretched forth my hands unto Thee.



 Wilt Thou show wonders        to the dead?
Shall the dead arise and         praise  Thee?  Selah.
Shall Thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? Or Thy faithfulness in destruction?

Shall Thy wonders be known in the dark? and Thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?

But unto Thee have I cried, O Lord, and in the morning  shall my prayer prevent Thee.
Lord, why casteth Thou off my soul? Why hidest Thou Thine face from me?

I am afflicted and ready to die from my youth up; while I suffer Thy terrors I am distracted. Thy fierce wrath goes over me; Thy terrors have cut me off.  They came round about me daily like water. They compassed me about together.

Lover and friend hast Thou put far from me and mine acquaintance into darkness.

Next post  30th December









No comments:

Post a Comment