Pages

Sunday 4 December 2016

TWENTY SIXTEEN - PART THIRTY FIVE

                                          TWENTY SIXTEEN -            PART THIRTY FIVE

                                          Hello folks, 

today is the  3rd                       October - must pay TV licence. It is long overdue. Also in 20 days time I will be 87 years old. Strange how in this past year I have had three hymns continually running through my mind. 

I wake up in the morning with them ringing word for word, I go to sleep at night with the same and often during the day as well.  But today I realize that the third verse in each one ends like this:

(1)- 3rd verse)  When Christ shall come                                                          
                            with shouts of jubilation,
                            to take me home, what 
                            joy shall fill my soul   
                            then I shall bow in 
                            humble adoration and 
                            there proclaim, My God 
                            how great Thou Art

(2)- 3rd verse)  Will your eyes behold in 
                            the   morning light,
                            the city of gold and the
                            harbor bright 
                            with your anchor safe on 
                            the heavenly shore and 
                            all earths storms past 
                            forevermore.

(3)- 3rd verse)  Child of the Kingdom        
                            be filled with the Spirit,
                            Nothing but fulness thy 
                            longing can meet
                           Tis the enduement for  
                            life and for service   
                           Thine is the promise so
                           certain, so sweet.

November coming closer.  This is a standard joke between Ruth and me. Out of a family of eight my parents and 5 siblings - I am the only one left. 

In  eight months from May to December one of them died in each of these months; but in different years and mostly far apart; example; My father was the first to die  on 1st May 1964.  In the years following  one died in June 2000, one in July 2000, one in August 2010 one in September 1989, my mother in October, 1992 another sibling in December 1993.The only month left open is November and I am the only one left. So November is coming closer.

Bad news - Ruth gets SMS from Andre (our landlord) he wants his rent by 30th, October.  So much for Amanda's assurances.

Also Jason Brady - coin dealer only wants to pay us
R9100 for a R55000 coin collection. 

4th October - Ruth contacts new coin dealer and again sends inventory.  Now waiting again.

I feel so ashamed as I sometimes allow the anxiety to get at me. Perhaps this could be a good thing as it brings me closer to God. I realize how helpless and inadequate I am without Him, and gain comfort from reading His Word, and meditating in His presence.

He is the author and perfecter of my faith. He is still busy teaching me - but I fail Him so often. 

I actually want  His Name to be glorified when people see how mightily He brings us through this crisis! They will stand in awe.

Our heavenly Father has already done so much for us. If you have been reading my blog you will have seen how He has used family and friends as instruments  to provide for our every need, in miraculous ways.  Now our need has more than doubled our family and friends have reached their limits.  God again,  is the only One Who can help us.   We know He has a plan - He goes before us to show us the way.

Watch this space - We are trusting Him for another miracle.



next post  11th December









No comments:

Post a Comment