Pages

Sunday 16 April 2017

MY FAVORITE PSALMS - PART FIFTY SEVEN

                                             MY FAVORITE                                                        PSALMS - PART                                                    FIFTY SEVEN


O God, my heart is fixed, I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.  Awake psaltery and harp; I myself will awake early.  I will praise Thee O Lord, among the people and I will sing praises to Thee among the nations.

For Thy mercy is great above the heavens, and Thy truth reaches unto the clouds. Be Thou exalted O God, above the heavens, and Thy glory above all the earth; that Thy beloved may be delivered; save with Thy right hand and answer me.

God has spoken in His holiness; I will rejoice , I will divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth.  Gilead is mine, Ephraim also is the strength of mine head; Judah is my lawgiver; Moab is my wash pot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe, over Phillistia will I triumph.

Who will bring me forth into the strong city? who  will lead me into Edom?  Wilt Thou not,  O God, Who has cast us off? And will not Thou, O God, go forth with our hosts?

Give us help from trouble for vain is the help of man.  Through God we shall do valiantly for He it is that shall tread down our enemies.

I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me.  I am gone like the shadow when it declines. I am tossed up and down like the locust.



My knees are weak                   through my fasting;                 and my flesh fails of                 fatness. I became also             a reproach unto them;             when they look upon me they shake their heads.



Help me, O Lord, my God, O save me according to Thy mercy. That they may know that this is Your hand; that You O Lord have done it. Let them curse; but bless Thou. When they arise, let them be ashamed, but let Thy servant rejoice.

Let my adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.

I will greatly praise the Lord with my mouth, yea, I will praise Him among the multitude. For He shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those who condemn his soul.




next post 21st April



No comments:

Post a Comment