Pages

Sunday 30 April 2017

TWENTY SEVENTEEN - PART FIVE


                                       TWENTY SEVENTEEN                - PART FIVE 

   Hello Folks,

  Today is moving day. I             wake up at 5.30am and start     by sorting out my room.  Charmaine arrives at 6am and the two of us work till 9.30 and then Charmaine leaves to help load while I carry on  - there are four large boxes in the storeroom  that need sorting and still a good number on the porch.

All of my cupboards still have to be emptied as well as the bathroom cupboard. There is no longer any time to diarize what the boxes contain, just pack and pack, Racing against time. Certainly not good for the constitution of an eighty seven year old.

I put a chicken and some potatoes in the oven to roast. We will need to eat later.. At 9.30am I move to the porch with the dogs and the door is closed  - so that Lucky and Noel, Ruth and Charmaine can start loading.

At 1pm the men take an hour lunch break while Ruth, Charmaine and me eat roast chicken and potatoes, then carry on packing.  We give Charmaine the rest of the food to take home.

Late afternoon, Ruth takes me to our new home where at last I can lie down on my bed. I am completely drained of my strength, and at the point of collapse. 

 Ruth is so busy, only                God sees my tears.                  They all work till after              6pm and by then there              is hardly anywhere to move.  Boxes and carrier bags in every available space. No where to put your feet. And no empty counter tops even the single sink is loaded with boxes and bags. It is impossible to access a water tap.

Well, at least it is now done. Feebly after a bit of a rest I attempt to put some foodstuffs into the fridge but give up. I do not have the strength.  On hindsight I wish I had taken some pictures of what the place looked like but of course I was too tired for that.

Ruth manages to make some popcorn after a search for a saucepan. We both have no strength left and that is all that is available. I eat a peach and Ruth eats a nectarine.

We go to bed early. The guys will come to connect the television tomorrow.  Our friend provides the funds for the TV.  We have forgotten the wall clock and biltong machine at the old house. Will sort that out tomorrow.

Put it all in God's hands and go to sleep. God is in control. He will bring us through this, Stronger and closer to Him than before. Praise His awesome Name.



next post 7th May





No comments:

Post a Comment