Pages

Monday 19 March 2018

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY - PART 101

                                            ONE HEARTBEAT                                                AWAY

     PART 101


(copied from Mark Cahill's Book)

One of my friends is a stand up comic. I went to
one of his shows. Part of his routine was to mock
Jesus Christ. It was about a twenty-minute part 
of his set. After his show he asked what I had 
been up to lately. Well, I told him that I had\become a Christian, then explained what I
was doing. He asked me what I thought about
that twenty-minute part of his routine. I just told
him that I didn't think it was a good thing to
mock the Son of God.  We had a good talk and
had a good night hanging out together.

A couple of years later, I was in another city 
and brought some friends to see him perform. 
When he got to that part of the routine, he made
his first Jesus joke. As he did it he looked right
at me, to see what my reaction would be. I just
sat there. I didn't laugh. It wasn't funny. And 
he could tell by looking at my fact that I didn't
think it was funny  -  at all. 

All of a sudden he skipped that part and went
into a different part of his routine. He didn't
believe in Jesus yet - though I am trusting that 
God will get his attention - but he respected
my faith.


Many people will 
appreciate  your decision and react
positively when you 
decide to stand for
what you believe. They are not far from the Kingdom.

"Remember the word that I said unto you, the
servant is not greater than his lord. if they have
persecuted me, they will also persecute you, if 
they have kept my saying, they will keep yours
also."  (John 15;20)

And when He had called the people unto Him, 
with His disciples also, He said unto them, 
"whosoever will come after me, let him deny
himself and take up his cross and follow Me.
For whosoever  will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever will lose his life for My sake and the
Gospels, the same shall save it."
(Mark 8: 34-35)

Your life can only be found in Jesus. Are you
ready to lose your life for His sake? Paul was.
Here is what he wrote:

For God, Who commanded the light to shine 
out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to 
give the light of the knowledge of the glory of
God in the face of Jesus Christ.
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, 
that the excellency of the power may be of God,
and not of us. 
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed,
we are perplexed, but not in despair; 
Persecuted, but not forsaken, cast down, but
not destroyed. 
Always bearing about in the body the dying of
the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus, may
be made manifest in our body.
For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus  might  be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
(1st Corinthians 4: 6-11) 

next post 22nd March


No comments:

Post a Comment