Pages

Monday 26 March 2018

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY - PART 103

                                           ONE HEARTBEAT                AWAY

                                             PART 103



(copied from Mark Cahill's Book)

Too many Christians  live their lives trying
to fit into this world. I want to live a life that
is worthy in the eyes of God , not in the eyes
of the world.  I'm not seeking trouble, by any
means, but when it comes to taking a stand
for Jesus, I want Him to be proud of me.

"Great is my boldness of speech toward you,
great is my glorying of you:  I am filled with
comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our 
tribulation."
(1st Corinthians 7:4)

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss
for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ
Jesus, my Lord, for Whom I have suffered 
the loss of all things, and do count them but
dung, that I may win Christ.
(Phillipians  3:8)

Here is a letter I received from a friend
telling how she dared to tell a young woman
about Jesus:

" My friend Brandon and I were walking home
from a coffee shop at 10 am when we walked
past a girl and said 'Hi,' to her. Well, we had 
not even walked a few steps from her when I
felt that I needed to turn around, so I did.

I asked her if she  was okay and she said  'No,
I just need to find Jesus Christ!' Well, needless
to say we were a bit taken aback by that answer, 
so we asked her to walk to the park with us to
talk. We sat down and listened to her story.

Her name was Heidi 
and she had been in 
jail, was taking drugs 
and was struggling 
with homosexuality. 
In all of this she had 
always believed in God, but that morning she felt like she was going to meet Jesus. So she had 
been walking up to random homes, churches, 
and people, asking how to find Jesus!

We shared from the Bible with her and .... she
gave her life over to Christ right there in the
park!  Can I just say the angels were throwing
 a party along with Brandon and me. 
She then came to my home and flushed her drugs
down the toilet, smashed her pipe and spent the
next twenty-four hours with us as we talked with
her., and listened to her and ministered to her.
It was INCREDIBLE!

Would you be courageous enough to do what
these young people did? You can never tell 
when there is someone right near you who is aching to learn about Jesus. But if you fear
rejection and the opinions of men, you will shrug
off that feeling that you should tell someone 
about Jesus and pass them by. You will let them
go on into hell because you were afraid or
ashamed to tell them about Jesus. Please don't
let that happen.

next post 27th March
                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment