Pages

Sunday 8 May 2016

TWENTY SIXTEEN - PART NINE

                                   Hello folks, 


   Another storm today, 6th          February, and the power is        off, again.
   To crown it all the generator    has now packed up. It              switches on but flakes out as    soon as one fridge is                plugged in.  We will phone      Danny in the morning.

Very unpleasant with no power, you have to lie in bed in the dark looking at a ceiling you cannot even see.  You cannot read, or watch TV, cannot work on laptop or tablet.  Tablets and cell phones cannot be recharged. Cannot make tea or any other hot drink.

We no longer have any lamps, hot water bottles or heaters as we gave them all away not realizing we may need them again. Previously we were blessed with underfloor heating and air conditioners in our rooms, and whenever there was a power cut the generator automatically kicked in and the power came back on, within seconds.

Winter is coming, but we will face that hurdle when we get there.

My laptop no longer works without being plugged into a power point. Battery packed up a while ago and there is no money to replace it.

Learning patience and more patience. God is in control.

7th February, phoned Danny, re generator. He will come and take a look. 

Ruth off to church. Danny came and checked generator, nothing he can do, it needs a service which we cannot afford at this stage.

When he left I forgot to close the wooden door of the laundry leading to the back porch, which is fully enclosed with burglar bars and a security gate. Result next door's dogs and our dogs had a barking match.


   It got so bad that I was              forced to chase the dogs          into the laundry and as I          closed the wooden door 
   and came into the kitchen,
   I heard another rumpus and
   saw that Sally had grabbed     Vlooi again and (even though    she was still wearing the          funnel hood) she still managed to sink her teeth into Vlooi. 

They were in my bedroom which is quite a distance away, but you can see right into it from the open kitchen doorway.

My first thought was that this will be the end of Vlooi. In order to separate them there has to be two people (and someone always got bitten in the process) and I was alone. I knew that I could not do it.

Nevertheless I proceeded to the bedroom with my walker and suddenly realized that I might be able to pry them apart with the walker.  I then managed to push them into a corner between the built-in wardrobe and the wall and pressed as hard as I could  and eventually Sally let go and Vlooi managed to escape, but I knew I could not release Sally as she would just grab Vlooi again.




Now what to do. I couldn't stand there holding her prisoner until Ruth got home from church.  Looking around for a solution I saw that their leashes were hanging on the bedposts closest to me which was close enough for me to let go of the walker for a second and grab one to secure Sally so that she could do no more harm.

Miraculously I had hung the leashes there about a week before this incident. Normally I hung them on the posts at the other end of the room which would have been utterly impossible to reach without letting her go.

I praised and thanked God for the ability that He gave me to handle this problem without so much as a scratch.  Also I could see that He had provided the solution ahead of time, because the leash was already where I needed it at the right moment.

to be continued

next post   15th May












No comments:

Post a Comment