Pages

Saturday 12 August 2017

TWENTY SEVENTEEN - PART 20





 TWENTY                                   SEVENTEEN
                                                     PART 20





Hello folks, 

4th June, Sunday morning, I need to get to the bathroom urgently but realize  I will not make it so I decide to use a plastic pail which is closer to me. It gives way under me and I land up on my back on the floor. Not a good start to the day. No real damage done though.  Nothing broken just left me a bit shaken and sore.  Ruth had to battle to get me back on my feet. It certainly is not easy to get old and frail.

Send  "Whatsapp" to Andy - his job interview was a washout. But he says not to worry we will all be fine. I do not question him as I am not feeling too good after the fall.

Monday morning the 5th June - ask Andy whether he has something lined up that "we will all be fine:
and he tells me no but he will now be able to concentrate on marketing his computer program.  I feel consoled that all is well.

Late afternoon Ruth brings her mobile to me with a whatsapp from Amanda -  apparently Andy has not paid his share of the rent for two months. 
"I will not fear evil tidings for my heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord"  
Psalm 112:7

I contact Andy and he assures me that everything is under control.  The Lord has taught me a lot over these past two years of  excruciating hardship - I have learned that no matter what happens not to let my mind run wild. 

I have learned :

Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him."  Psalms 69:5


Wednesday 7th June -
 Ruth goes to town. 
Power goes off again at
 10.30am  - no TV no
 cooking no charging of 
batteries for laptops etc. 

Charmaine informs me that prepaid has run out (2nd time in two weeks) we have only been on prepaid for about a month now.  Ruth gets back still no power.

We have this power problem since we moved here.with power failures daily. Escom and storms used to be the cause but now with prepaid it is much worse as each time we have to wait on the Botha's mercy to have it switched back on when they do not purchase enough prepaid.

Amanda phones Ruth and gives her the prepaid code at 2.30pm (4 hours without power) but now 
Escom is down so we wait another hour (5 hours in all) for the power to come on.

next post 20th August











No comments:

Post a Comment