Pages

Friday 23 February 2018

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY - PART 90

   ONE HEARTBEAT           AWAY

     PART  90



(copied from Mark Cahill's Book)

Travelling and speaking is always an 
adventure. I have spoken at the University
of Florida several times. There are usually
600-700 college students at the talks, which
always makes for a good time.

One time,  I was leaving Florida for Los 
Angeles, the morning after my talk. I had to 
get there for a live T.V. show. As I got to the
airport in Florida, everything seemed fine.
However, I soon learned that the fog had
something to say about the situation!

The plane I needed to get on would't land
because it was just too foggy. Due to the delay,
I arrived late in Atlanta, where I needed to
change planes for L.A. and you guessed it, I arrived at the gate just as my plane was pulling
away!
I was not happy!
After talking with the agents, I learned that I
could still get to L.A. on time, but I would have
to land at a different airport. Now unless you
know L.A. airport locations and traffic, that may
not mean much to you. But after landing, I would
have to get all the way across L.A. during rush
hour to make it in time for the show.

So I called the  show's
producers and asked
them if they wanted me to cancel. They said to
give it a shot and they would get me on at the end of the show. As we landed in L.A. a driver 
from the studio picked me up and began to drive
me toward the shoot location. His name was 
Anakhanda. He was from the Bahamas. I began
to chat with him. As he drove, I asked him: 
"who was the rudest person you have ever driven
around before?"  He told me that he could't say.
But he eventually did and it was a very famous\celebrity.

One of the things he told me was that he was not
allowed to talk to the client first. The client must
make the first statement. He stated that many
people did not say a word to  him. To me that is
a sad commentary on the way we live our lives
with those around us because we do not see the
value of each person we see.

Think about it. What is  a soul worth?
God's answer to Jeremiah was:

"Before I formed thee in the belly, I knew
thee, and before thou camest forth out of
the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained
thee a prophet unto the nations."
(Jeremiah  1:5)

That was God's answer to Jeremiah, and God's
answer to you about the worth of your soul as well.  It is just as loving and just as important.
Before God formed you in  your mother's womb
He knew you !  That's how He knew to make
your body a proper reflection of your soul and 
a proper vehicle for His plan for your life. 

You are incredibly valuable to Him.

next post  25th February


No comments:

Post a Comment