Pages

Tuesday 2 August 2016

AWESOME GOD - OUR SHIELD

                                     GOD - OUR SHIELD


  First let us look at the         meaning of the word           Shield. 

  What is a shield?  

                                               A shield is a broad                                                    piece of  defensive armor carried on the arm, formerly in general use  in war, for the protection of the body.

Anything which protects, or defends, defense, shelter, protection .

Figuratively; One who protects and defends; who can do this better than our God?   No one!

"Jehovah is my fortress, and my deliverer, my strong rock, my God, in Whom I trust, my shield and the horn of my salvation, Jehovah is
 a   shield  to all that trust in Him."
Psalm  18: 2, 30

"He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust; His truth shall be thy shield and buckler."
Psalm 91:4

"The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him."
Psalm 28:7

 After these things, the          Word of the Lord came      to Abram in a vision            and said , ' Do not fear        Abram,  I am a shield to      you, your reward shall        be very great."
                                         Genesis 15:1


"The Lord is my strength and my shield. My heart trusts in Him and I am helped, Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him."
Psalm 28:7

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer. My God, my rock, in Whom I take refuge. My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
Psalm 18:2

"Blessed are you, O Israel; who is like you, a people saved by the Lord, Who is the shield of your help and the sword of your majesty! So your enemies will cringe before you, and you will tread upon their high places."
Deuteronomy 33:29

"Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield."
Psalm 33:20

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord gives grace and glory. No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly."
Psalm 84:11

O Israel, trust in the Lord; He is their help and their shield."
Psalm 115:9

"Every  word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him."
Proverbs 30:5

"For our shield belongs to the Lord, and our King to the Holy One of Israel."
Psalm 89:18

"But You, O Lord, are a shield to me, My glory and the lifter of my head."
Psalm 3:3


When God's shield is around you nothing can harm you.


next post  10th August.



















No comments:

Post a Comment