Pages

Sunday 21 August 2016

TWENTY-SIXTEEN - PART TWENTY THREE

                                                Hello folks,  

After doctor's visit  I now had a  new script  for just over       R1975 -  As the Medical Aid is almost depleted the most they  are prepared to  pay is R700 .

 The remaining  R1275  is to be paid by the Medical Aid member.  Needless to say, we could not afford the script.

Did our shopping, got home in peak hour traffic. We have to consult with Steve re medication, but both of us too exhausted at this stage, so we decided to do it in the morning. Ruth will explain everything about the script to me and then  we would scan the two page document and send it to Steve, by email.  I  had missed out on the conversation with the doctor due to hearing aid playing up again, for the second time.

Friday 20th May,  both of us still too exhausted to think about the script.  Saturday and Sunday script still not discussed.  On Monday I suggested we sort out the issue of the script but I was shrugged off,   receiving a brusque   "Not Now!"

I know that when she gets too exhausted the Bi-polar takes over.  So I try my best to avoid stressful situations.

I didn't make any effort to scan the two page script as I am unfamiliar with the new printer, and even if I could it would have been pointless as I needed to understand it before I could send it to Steve by email.  

Tuesday morning Steve phoned, he had seen that I had been for blood tests and wanted to know what it was about. I tried explaining the situation, but as I did not understand it myself, I found it rather difficult.  

While I was talking to him Ruth came into the room and left angrily when she saw I was talking to him. I went on trying to explain for a while when I realized he was no longer on the phone.

                                            

When the call ended I              had to face her anger  - I was accused of stirring up  trouble between her                  and her brother.



She then sat  down in front of the notebook and ordered me to come and help her as we were now going to sort it out.  When she sits at the computer I cannot see what she is doing as I cannot bend my body to get into the right position, to get my eyes close enough.

She was now angry because I cannot see and I cannot hear. I imagine all this stuff. She now made the scans and did the email but could not get the scanned invoice attachment into the email.

Since getting the new printer I do not know how it works, everything has changed from what I am used to . She now had had enough and dumped the rest of the process into my lap, giving me some mumbled instructions,  knowing how difficult it would be for me, and left me to sort it out.

Eventually  I did manage to get the scan in place and sent the email. 

Tension again, it will blow over. It always does. - I never know when it it is Bi-Polar talking or lack of self-control.  Here I was patiently  suffering in silence waiting for four days for my medication and because Steve phones me to query the doctor's visit, she accuses me of stirring up trouble.

I  know that God is in control of every situation in my life  and I am learning that I must be humble and keep my mouth shut to maintain the peace.  "Least said soonest mended." 

Also what I must mention here is that caring for an old person is like having a ball and chain around your neck. I know because I have been there when I took care of my own mother. 

And what makes it worse for her is that her own health is not good. Bi polar and Fibromyalgia are not easy things to have to deal with without the extra worry of caring for an aged person. 

This just goes to show how God is in it with us. He gives us the ability to cope and he leads our steps. If this was not so the whole situation would have exploded into chaos a long time ago.
He is refining both of us and when He is finished we shall come forth as gold

So, we just go on trusting in Him and waiting on Him.  He has promised 

 "I will never leave you nor forsake you."


next post  
 28th August






No comments:

Post a Comment