Pages

Sunday 27 May 2018

HYMNS - PART 7

                                               HYMNS

                                               PART  7




The Old Rugged Cross

On a hill far away, stood an old 
rugged cross
the emblem of suffering and shame 
I love that old cross where 
the dearest and best 
for a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain
(So I'll cherish the old rugged cross
till my trophies at last I lay down
I will cling to the old rugged cross
and exchange it someday for a crown.)

Oh that old rugged cross so despised 
by the world
Has a wondrous attraction for me
for the dear Lamb of God
left His glory above 
to bear it to dark Calvary!

In the old rugged cross, stained with 
blood so Devine 
a wondrous beauty I see, 
For twas on that old cross 
Jesus suffered and died 
to pardon and sanctify me.

To the old rugged cross I will ever be true
It's shame and reproach gladly bear
Then He'll call me someday
to my home far away
Where His glory forever I'll share.

next post 3rd June

No comments:

Post a Comment