Pages

Monday 28 May 2018

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY - PART 130

                                       ONE HEARTBEAT               AWAY

   PART  130



(copied from Mark Cahill's Book)

My upstairs neighbor Jay, has a little girl. They were going up to Minnesoto for the holidays. He likes to drive instead of fly when he travels. So I thought he was going to drive there. I handed him an envelope with some money in it to help with expenses. He surprised me by saying that he was flying, so I told him to get something for his daughter for the holidays. 

About thirty minutes later Jay knocked on my door and told me that he could not take the money - it was too much. I told him that I could not take it back because it was a gift - that God had a lot of people buy my first book, so I had a few extra dollars in my pocket, and I love to bless others with it. I also told him that I have finally learned that  "it is more blessed to give than to receive."
I said, "why not take the basketball team that you coach out to dinner after the season? "  So, off to Minnesoto  he went.

When he got back from his trip, Jay told me that during the entire trip he had been thinking about me and the money I had given him. You could look in his eyes and see that the gift had really blessed him. Then he gave me a gift he had bought for me in Minnesoto, and he stated that he had intended to read my book on the trip but just got too busy.


The next day Jay was going over to a lady's house. This woman had four kids and was struggling with lupus. He had decided to take half of the money that I had given him, and bless her with it. So, off he went.

The day after that there was another knock on the door! Jay had this look in his eyes. He was so excited. When he had given the money to that lady she had begun to cry. She was struggling financially and the money was a huge blessing. You could see the impact it was having on Jay. A day later I opened my door and found a note taped to it. Jay had written me a two-page letter thanking me for the money. He stated in the letter that he had $29 dollars and some change left over and that he was going to get his three-year-old daughter, who lives with her mom, her first Bible.

Think about that! He doesn't go to church, but he now wanted to get a Bible for his daughter. There was a children's Bible at my parent's house, so I brought it over for Jay to give to his daughter. He was so thankful. I asked if he had a Bible; he didn't. "Would you l like one?"  He would. I gave him a Bible, and he asked for some help to start reading it.

Reach out to others as God reached out to you. It happens in a thousand different ways. But you have to be listening to the "still small voice,"  of Jesus in your heart and you have to obey.

 next post  follows

No comments:

Post a Comment