Pages

Monday 28 May 2018

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY = PART 131

                                         ONE HEART BEAT                AWAY

       PART 131



(copied from Mark Cahill's Book)

Spurgeon said;

"If we had to preach to thousands year after year, and never rescued but one soul, that one soul would be full reward for all our labor, for a soul is of countless price."

I was speaking to a bunch of Korean adults and teens from various youth groups around  the US. The conference was taking place at North Central College in a suburb of Chicago.

When I arrived at the College, I noticed that there were some college-age girls sitting at a table next to the dorm I was staying in. So I struck up a conversation with them. They worked with a group called Premier. The purpose of this group was to bring all minority students on campus for about six weeks prior to school starting so that the could "bond,"  before the other students showed up.

This sounded interesting, but I was looking to make an eternal difference in their lives. The power of God in the name of Jesus, will break down all racial barriers. I began to witness to them, but they didn't want any part of this conversation.  So I told them I had written a book and wanted to sign a copy for each one of them.

As I was signing  a book for each of them, a young lady walked over and asked me what I was doing. Her name was Tamara, and she headed up the multi-racial diversity department, that was sponsoring the event. You could tell by the tone of voice and  body language that she was not at all happy about my being there. So I told her what I was doing. She told me that it would be Okay to speak to these staff ladies but that I should please not talk to the minority students when they arrived on campus!  Nothing like a free, open society where we can exercise our first-amendment rights!

So I began to witness to her, and she didn't want anything to do with it. So I went and got her a book and signed it for her. I later checked the trash can and didn't find any of the books in it.  I thought I would find at least one. 

next post 29th May

No comments:

Post a Comment