Pages

Monday 28 May 2018

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY - PART 133

                                           ONE HEARTBEAT                AWAY

       PART 133


(copied from Mark Cahill's Book)

So I went over to lunch. I ended up sitting with some football players from the college, who were conducting a football camp for some young guys. We hit it off right away. Some were believers and some weren't. One Catholic guy told me that he had opened up his Bible for the first time two days earlier. He said that he had some questions, so I gave him some answers!  Those guys all wanted my book so I signed it for them. While I was signing I looked to the side and there was Tamara just staring at me. This was not going according to her plans.

I found out the next day that the Catholic guy  read more than 80 pages of my book in one day! And later I found out that one of those football players had started a Bible study on campus, that, last I heard, has more than twenty people participating in it. 

Pastor David, who was the leader of our group, went and talked with the head of the camps about what had happened to me. This was on a Monday.

On Sunday, the previous day, the Korean kids had split up and gone to different churches around town for Sunday service. The head of the camps told  Pastor David that a group of the  Korean kids were at his church on Sunday! He said it was a real blessing to have them there, and told Pastor David that what I was doing was just fine, that the security guard was out of line, and he would deal with him accordingly. 

Pastor David told him that   - after I talked to the teens that night - there would be about 90 Koreans doing the exact same thing. The head of the camps told Pastor David that would be fine too. Wow!

"Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision,  'Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace.
For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee; for I have much people  in this city.'
(Acts 18:9-10)

Do not be silent. The Lord wants us to radically take a stand for Him. He is with us. He has people in all the right places - like the head of  camps - that we cannot even imagine. Our job is to simply stand strong for the truth of Jesus Christ. 

Some of the Korean kids had great talks with the college students that week. Please pray for the salvation of Tamara and the security guard.

next post 31st May

No comments:

Post a Comment