Pages

Monday 28 May 2018

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY - PART 132

                                          ONE HEARTBEAT               AWAY

       PART 132


(copied from Mark Cahill's Book)

The next day I was talking with some people in my group when Tamara approached me. She said that I was not supposed to be talking with any of the  college students here.  I informed her that I had the right to do that. She stated that campus security had already been called. She looked up and said, "and here he is."

Around the corner came a security guard in his early twenties with sunglasses on. He looked at me and said, "you cannot be on this campus, talking with people and handing out literature. If you do not leave campus right now, you will be arrested. "
Just another normal day in the life of Mark Cahill
so I looked at him and said, "I am with the Korean group that is here, and I do believe that I have the right to talk with people."

Now he was on the defensive. I guess he thought I was just some stranger hanging out in the dorm. He then  told me that I could talk to people in my group but not in other groups. I looked at him and asked, "did I lose my-first-amendment rights when I walked onto this campus?"  I asked him this question three times, and he would not answer me.
He told me that we would have to talk to the person in charge of campus who had signed a contract allowing us to be there.

I then asked him, "what was the nature of the complaint against me?" He said he could not tell me that. So I looked at him and said.  "A question for you.  If you died tonight are you 100%  assured that you would go to heaven?"

What is interesting is that if what I was doing was illegal, he should have arrested me then and there!  But of course he didn't.

He said, "I am going to decline to answer that question right now."  What we must all remember, is that people may decide not to answer that question now, but we will all have to answer it one day.
next post follows

No comments:

Post a Comment