Pages

Friday 4 May 2018

MY FAVORITE PSALMS - PART 102

                                          MY FAVORITE                PSALMS

                                            PART 102


Hear this, all peoples
Give ear all inhabitants of the world
Both low and high
Rich and poor together
My mouth will speak wisdom
And the meditation of my heart
will be understanding
I will incline mine ear to a proverb
I will express my riddle on the harp

Why should I fear in days of adversity
when the iniquity of my foes surrounds me,
Even those who trust in their wealth,
and boast in the abundance of their riches?
No man can by any means redeem his brother
Or give to God a ransom for him -
For the redemption of his soul is costly
And he should cease  trying forever -
That he should live on eternally
That he should not see the pit.

For he sees that even wise men die:
the stupid and the senseless alike perish
And leave their wealth to others
Their inner thought is that their houses
are forever
and their dwelling places to all generations
They have called their lands after their
own names
But man in his pomp will not endure,
he is like the beasts that perish.

This is the way of those who 
are foolish
And of those who approve
their words.
As sheep they are appointed
for Sheol:
Death shall be their shepherd:
And the upright shall rule over them in the morning
And their form shall be for Sheol to 
consume.
So that they have no habitation.
But God will redeem my soul from the
power of Sheol.
For He will receive me.

Do not be afraid when a man becomes rich
When the glory of his house is increased
For when he dies he will carry nothing away:
His glory will not descend after him
Though while he lives he congratulates himself -
And though men praise you when you do well 
for yourself  -
He shall go to the generation of his fathers
They shall never see the light
Man in his pomp, yet without understanding
is like the beasts that perish.

next post 11th May



No comments:

Post a Comment