Pages

Monday 14 May 2018

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY - PART 123

                                         ONE HEARTBEAT                  AWAY

   PART 123


(copied from Mark Cahill's Book)

While driving to my parents house one day, I stopped at a red light, and a woman walked in front of my car. There was a bus coming on the cross street, and another woman was yelling at her to hurry up so she wouldn't miss the bus. She began to run across the street in front of me and darted across the other street to catch the bus. All of a sudden, an SUV hit the running woman. She flew up in the air, hit the windshield and rolled off to the side. 

As soon as I could, I pulled over and went to where she was lying on the ground. There were already people there taking care of her. They called 911 and I prayed.

From what I could hear her friend saying to her, the woman was apparently Eastern European. Then something struck me: when that lady got hit
everybody ran over to her. Males, females, whites, blacks, Hispanics - everybody ran to her.

There were no racial barriers. No economic barriers. They saw someone in need, and they went to help. Nothing stopped them.

I don't know what happened to that woman, but I know that I was there to pray for her. Now just think about all the people who are in spiritual need and falling into hell as you read this. There are so many people who are not right with God, and not ready for eternity. They are eternally condemned. 

How can I run to those people who are temporarily hurt physically, but not run to those who are eternally hurt spiritually ?  If I walk past a swimming pool while someone is drowning, I can't just keep walking, I must do something. 

next post 15th May

No comments:

Post a Comment