Pages

Thursday 7 June 2018

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY - PART 142

                                         ONE HEARTBEAT               AWAY

      PART 142


(copied from Mark Cahill's Book)


On  a personal note, when I heard your message, I felt like scales fell off MY eyes too!  I had been reading the Word more than ever and "busy"  in ministry ..... but the closeness I used to feel with God was missing, and I couldn't figure out why. (Interesting how Satan can even blind Christians.)

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks: I have nearly stopped  personal one-on-one soul-winning. Yes, kids come to the Lord through the ministry . But personal one-on-one  outside of the ministry was what I was missing!  It was like I was "busy" in "God's Work,"  but had forgotten how it is to be REALLY  in God's work: the awesomeness of that oneness you feel with God when you soul-win; having the burden for souls when it comes from personal soul-winning. Watching Him arrange things and all -  you know what I mean!

Your message really got through. God truly used you to reach our youth group AND its leaders! 

Why  do kids hear the truth about how to reach the lost and just go for it
while some of us adults think too much about it and then don't do anything?

"for now do I persuade men, or God? or  do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ."
(Galations 1:10)

"For they loved the praise of  men more than the praise of God."
(John 12:43)

It doesn't matter what your boss or your friends say  about you. So don't be a man-pleaser. Be a God-pleaser. It is the only way to live.


next post follows

No comments:

Post a Comment