Pages

Friday 8 June 2018

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY - PART 145

                                        ONE HEARTBEAT                 AWAY

        PART 145


(copied from Mark Cahill's Book)

Ernie and I walked out to the set, and he showed me around. I was interested in how the whole show came together. And he basically  took me through the ins and outs of the show.

Before the show gets started, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, and Kenny Smith, who co-host the show, hang out in a big control room and watch the game and talk. There is a ton of cutting up going on and not a lot of game watching!

After the halftime show, but before the after-game show, I got a chance to talk with Magic Johnson for about twenty minutes about the things of the Lord. It was an amazing conversation. Magic did not take his eyes off me except once during the whole time. 

Magic is a faithful churchgoer in LA and he grew up in church. At one point I look across at Charles and said to Magic  "Do you want to see Magic in heaven one day?"  He responded that he did. I looked at him and said, "What are you going to do about it?"  


It got a little tense at that moment, but people need to be challenged to stand up for Jesus with their lives. We may want to see someone in heaven, but the real question is: what are we going to do about it? 

I signed a copy of my book about witnessing and gave it to Magic. Ernie Johnson told me later that Magic had told him, "I really like that friend you brought tonight." 

next post  tomorrow 9th June

No comments:

Post a Comment