Pages

Wednesday 6 June 2018

ONR HEARTBEAT AWAY - PART 140

                                             ONE HEARTBEAT               AWAY

         PART 140


(copied from Mark Cahill's Book)

One day my apartment started filling with water! There had to be a broken pipe somewhere, but the maintenance crew couldn't tell where it was coming from - though they were sure it wasn't from my apartment. 

They finally found the problem in the apartment next door. They told me if I hadn't been home to catch it, I  would have had six inches of water covering my whole apartment by the time I got home. I would have needed an ark to get around!

Well, I began to pray. I asked God to let me handle this in a Christian manner, even  though I was so upset about having so much water on my carpet. I asked God to give me an opportunity to witness to the people He brought across my path because of all of this. 

The maintenance guy's name was Ramadan. What a great Muslim name! As I began to witness to him I discovered he was a strong Christian. He told me that he didn't want to change his name as it opened many doors for him to share Jesus with others. I gave him my first book and he was excited to get it. 

A little bit later a guy came to cut up my carpet and throw it out. His name was Laurence. As I began to talk with him, he really opened up. He was not a believer, but we talked for more than twenty minutes about how to get saved from hell. 
He wanted a book about it, so I gave him one. Every other week-end he goes to visit his mom, who is dying of lupus. He is helping pay her medical bills. I had just received a monetary blessing from some folks in Alabama, so I decided to bless him with it, to help with his mom's expenses.

I got a chance to pray for him before he left, and he was very moved. I could see it in his eyes, and he also told me how much it meant to him that I took the time to talk with him. 

next post follows

No comments:

Post a Comment