Pages

Wednesday 13 June 2018

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY - PART 153

                                            ONE HEARTBEAT              AWAY

         PART 153


(copied from Mark Cahill's Book)

Martin Luther:  "Into Thy hands I commend my spirit! Thou hast redeemed me O God of truth!

John Milton:  (British poet)  "Death is the great key that opens the palace of eternity."

Charles Dickens:  "I commit my soul to the mercy of God, through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and I exhort my dear children humbly to try and guide themselves by the teaching of the New Testament."

Daniel Webster:  "I still live."   As he was dying , he said, "The great mystery is Jesus Christ, the Gospel. What would the condition of any of us be if we had no hope of immortality? ... Thank God, the Gospel of Jesus Christ brought life and  immortality to light."

Andrew Jackson:  "My dear children, do not grieve for me.... I am God's, I belong to Him. I go but a short time before you and ... I hope and I trust to meet you all in heaven."

Henry Ward Beecher:
"Now comes the mystery,"

Beecher, a man with a great mind, did not know the answer to the mystery beyond death. Beecher might not have known, but after reading his book, you do. The question is: "What have you done with what you know?"

 next post follows

No comments:

Post a Comment