Pages

Tuesday 12 June 2018

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY -PART 151

                                           ONE HEARTBEAT             AWAY 

      PART 151


(copied from Mark Cahill's Book)

Quotes continued ......

Anne Boleyn (wife of Henry the eighth, who had her executed):  "Oh God, have pity on my soul, Oh God, have pity on my soul."

Henry Prince of Wales:  "Tie a rope around my body, pull me out of bed and lay me in ashes, that I might die with repentant prayers to an offended  God. O!  I  in vain wish for that time I lost with you and others in vain recreations."

Socrates:  "All of the wisdom of this world is but a tiny raft upon which we must set sail when we leave this earth. If only there was a firmer foundation on which to sail, perhaps some divine word."

Tony Hancock:  (British commedian)  "Nobody will ever know I existed. Nothing to leave behind me. Nothing to pass on. Nobody to mourn me. That  is the bitterest blow of all."

Phillip 111 King of France:  "What an account I shall have to give to God!  How I should have liked to live otherwise to  how I have lived."


Voltaire:  ( Skeptic philosopher )  "I am abandoned by God and man, I will give you half of what I am worth, if you will give me six months of life. Then I shall go to hell and you will go with me. O Christ! O Jesus Christ!"

This talented French writer once said  of Jesus
"Curse the wretch." 

 
next post  Thursday  14th

                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment