Pages

Tuesday 26 April 2016

HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED THE AWESOMENESS OF OUR ALMIGHTY GOD? - PART THREE

                                           Hello folks,  


                                           We are now going to           look at  the Omnipresence  of  our Almighty God.





OMNIPRESENCE

"God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."
John  4:24


He is present everywhere in the universe. No one can hide from Him and nothing escapes His notice.

"Where shall I go from Your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven You are there, if I make my bed in Sheol You are there. If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me  and Your right hand shall hold me."
Psalm 139:7


"Am I a God near at hand" says the Lord, "and not a God from afar off? Can anyone hide himself in secret places, so I shall not see him?  Do I not fill heaven and earth? " says the Lord. 
Job 23:23

For His eyes are on the ways of man and He seeth all his goings.
Job 34:21


The idea that God is everywhere is not the same as pantheism which equates God with the universe. The doctrine of God's Omnipresence says that He is present everywhere in the universe NOT that He is the universe.

Thus says the Lord, " Heaven is My throne and earth is My footstool. Where then is a house that you could build for me? And where is a place that I may rest?
Isaiah 66:1


The fact that God is everywhere should be a constant source of comfort to His children (how few of us understand this) wherever we go and whatever our circumstance God is always with us.
God has promised us that He will always be with us.


"When you pass through the waters I will be with you and through the rivers they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be  scorched neither will the flame burn you"
Isaiah 43:2


"For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5

"Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you and lo I am with you always even to the end of the world."
Matthew 28:20

For in Him we live and move and have our being.
Acts 17:28


"For where two or three are gathered together in My Name there I am in the midst of them."


Nearness and distance make no difference to what God sees and does.


The eyes of the Lord are in every place , watching the evil and the good.
Proverbs  15:3

 .


We must also remember that although God is Omnipresent we can become separated from Him.

"Your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear. "
Isaiah 59:2

You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
Galations 5:4

They will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power.
2 Thessalonians  1:9




next post  4th May

No comments:

Post a Comment