Pages

Friday 1 April 2016

MY FAVOURITE PSALMS - PART THREE

                                   Thou wilt not abandon    my soul to Sheoul
 neither wilt Thou allow Thy Holy One to see the  pit,
Thou wilt make known to me the path of life.

 In Thy  presence is fullness of joy
 At Thy right hand are pleasures forever.

I have called upon Thee
For Thou wilt answer me, O Lord,
Incline Thine ear to me, hear my speech,
wondrously show Thy lovingkindness 
O Saviour of those who take refuge in Thee
Keep me as the apple of Thine eye
Hide me in the shadow of Thy wings
Keep me safe from the wicked
 who oppress me
and from my deadly enemy who encompass
me about.

I love Thee, O Lord my strength
The Lord is my Rock and my 
fortress and my deliverer.
My God, my rock in Whom 
I take refuge
my buckler and the horn of my 
salvation and my high tower,
I call upon the Lord Who is 
worthy to be praised
and I am saved from my enemies.

The cords of death encompassed me
and the torrents of ungodliness terrified me
the cords of sheoul surrounded me
and the snares of death confronted me
In my distress I called upon the Lord
and cried to my God for help
He answered me from His holy mountain
and my cries for help before Him
came into His ears.

The Lord lives, blessed be my rock
and exalted be the God of my salvation
The heavens are telling the glory of God
and their expanse is revealing the 
work of His hands
Day to day pours forth speech
and night to night reveals knowledge.

There is no speech, nor are there words
their voice is not heard
their line has gone out through all the earth
and their utterances to the end of the world
in them He has placed a tent for the sun
which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber
It rejoices as a strong man to run his course
Its rising is from the one end of the heavens
and its circuit to the other end
and there is nothing hidden from its heat.





















No comments:

Post a Comment