Pages

Friday 8 April 2016

MY FAVOURITE PSALMS - PART FOUR -I am reposting this because I found a sentence missing in the original

 With the merciful, O Lord,
 Thou wilt show mercy,
 With the pure Thou wilt                 show Thyself pure, with the froward Thou wilt show Thyself froward.
  Thou wilt save the afflicted people,  but will bring down the high looks.

Thou wilt light my candle
The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness
For by Thee I have run through a troop
and by my God I have leaped over a wall
As for God, His way is perfect,
The Word of the Lord is tried
He is a buckler to all those
who trust in Him.

For who is God, save the Lord
or who is a Rock save our God
It is God that girdeth me with strength
And maketh my way perfect
He maketh my feet like hind's feet,
and setteth me up above my high places
He teaches me to war, so that a bow
 of steel is broken in my arms

Thou hast also given me the shield 
of Thy salvation,
Thy right hand hath 
holden me up
and Thy gentleness
 has made me great
Thou hast enlarged my steps
 under me so that my feet 
have not slipped


The Lord lives. 
blessed be my Rock 
and exalted be the God of
 my salvation
It is God that avengeth me
and subdueth the people
 under me
He delivers me from my enemies
Thou liftest me up above
those who rise up against me.

Thou hast delivered me 
from the violent man
Therefore I will give thanks
 to Thee O Lord, among the heathen
and sing praises to Thy Name.


To be continued........

next post  15th April




No comments:

Post a Comment