Pages

Tuesday 25 October 2016

AWESOME GOD - PLAN OF SALVATION - PART FIVE

                                            AWESOME GO

                           PLAN OF SALVATION
                                                       part five

                                                                copied from ESV Bible



Do you believe ?

The last verse (John 11:26) actually ends with Jesus asking ,

"Do you believe this ?"

It is a question that every person must answer: Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God ?  Is Jesus the object of your faith ?

Not faith in ritual, not faith in sacrifice, not faith in morals, not faith in yourself. 

Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross to free you from the guilt and judgement of sin? Do you believe that He rose from the grave, breaking the power of death and making a way for you to have eternal life in heaven ? 

If so, you may express your faith in Him by praying this prayer:

Heavenly Father, I believe that Jesus Christ in Your Son and that He died on the cross to save me from my sin. I believe that He rose again to life, and that He invites me to live forever with Him as part of Your family. Because of what Jesus has done, I ask you to forgive me of my sin and give me eternal life. I invite You to come into my heart and life.  I want to trust Jesus as my Savior and follow Him as my Lord.  Help me to live in a way that pleases and honors You.  Amen.

Growing in Christ.

Once you have received the gift of eternal life and have been made a new creation 
(2nd Corinthians 5:17), you will want to grow in your knowledge of Jesus and your obedience to Him. 

Jesus' teaching about how to live for God can be summed up in three simple instructions:

Read the Bible,  Pray and seek Christian fellowship.

to be continued....

next post  2nd November







No comments:

Post a Comment