Pages

Sunday 30 October 2016

TWENTY SIXTEEN - PART THIRTY TWO

                                       TWENTY SIXTEEN                 - PART THIRTY TWO

  Hello folks, 

  So now I have decided  that in view of my  research regarding the   lazer treatment - if                 authorisation is granted - I  will put it on hold for a few days, at least until my eyes are feeling    better.  I just cannot  face making them any worse than they already are.

Another reason for my decision is that after one visit to town, I usually need a week to recover from the exhaustion - there is no way I can face two of these visits in  a row.

This morning I explain my decision to Ruth. She is very annoyed with me. She does not understand, my reasoning, she thinks that I am afraid of the lazer treatment. 

I fully intend to do the lazer treatment, even though there are certain risks involved, because if all goes well, it will enable me to see better - I only want to be in a better position to do so.


                                            


 Medical Aid authorizes  lazer treatment - I put it            on hold.

                                          


The eye treatment is  very involved; it takes up my whole day. Starting when I wake up in the morning (three times a day) I have to wash my eyes and eyelids thoroughly with Elizabeth Anne's Baby Shampoo - the pink one  (avoid getting it in the eyes) .  I have to gently massage it onto the eyelids and lashes (one eye at a time) then rinse it off with plain water  and a cotton swab - discard swab - and finish off by wiping it dry with a  clean dry cotton swab again discarding the swab.

 Then morning and afternoon after doing this treatment  I have to massage a very small amount of eye ointment onto the eyelids and lashes and last thing at night I have to do the same but also have to put the same eye ointment into my eyes.

On top of this I have other eye drops that I have to use six times a day in both eyes, fortunately without the cleansing ritual.

Praise be to God -He gives me the strength and the ability to do this. It might sound trivial but to me it is not.

next post  6th November












No comments:

Post a Comment