Pages

Sunday 3 September 2017

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY -PART 28

                                              ONE HEARTBEAT               AWAY
                                                    PART 28


(Mark Cahill's Book)

3.  The Old Testament also prophesies 
      that, even while occupying a human 
      body in this world, the Saviour 
      Messiah, would be the Son of God.

I will declare the decree: The Lord hath said unto me, Thou art My Son, this day have I begotten Thee. (Psalm 2:7)

This prophecy was fulfilled in Matthew  3:17   which says:

And lo a voice from heaven, saying,  this is My Beloved Son in Whom I am well pleased. 

It was again confirmed in Matthew 17:5

While He yet spake,  behold a bright cloud overshadowed them; and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased; hear ye Him.

Luke 22:66-71 says:  

And as soon as it was day, the elders of the people and the chief priests and the scribes came together, and led Him into their council saying;

Art Thou the Christ?  Tell us. And He said unto them, if I tell you, you will not believe. 

And if I also ask you, you will not answer Me, nor let me go.

Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.


Then said they all , art Thou then the Son of God?  And He said unto them "Ye say that I am."

And they said, what need we any further
witness? for we ourselves have heard from His own mouth.

We see that God said He would have a Son and He did.

4.  Furthermore, the Old Testament 
     prophesies that, whoever this 
     Messiah Would be,  He would be born 
     in Bethlehem. 


At the time of Jesus' birth, Betlehem only had about 1,000 inhabitants.

"But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands in Judah, yet out of thee shall He come forth unto Me, that is to be ruler in Israel; Whose going forths have been from of old, from everlasting . (Micah : 5:2)

Matthew 2:1  shows the fulfillment :

Now, when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of Herod, the king, behold there came wise men  from the east to Jerusalem.

God said His Son would be born in Bethlehem, and He was.


5.   Micah, also mentions (above), the
       Pre-existence of Messiah "Whose
       goings forth have been from of old,
       from everlasting."

When He was in Judea, Jesus himself said He fulfilled this prophecy, when He told some people who opposed Him: 

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day: and he saw it and was glad."  

Then said the Jews unto Him, "Thou art not yet 50 years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?  "

Jesus said unto them;  " verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am, 
(John 8:56-58)


This prophecy is also fulfilled in Colossions : 1:17, which says, " and He is before all things, and by Him, all things consist."

God said His Son pre-existed all things
and He did.

next post  5th September

























No comments:

Post a Comment