Pages

Saturday 9 September 2017

TWENTY SEVENTEEN - PART 24

                                               TWENTY SEVENTEEN   

        - PART 24

  Hello folks, 

 

 Steve and Sue cut short their holiday in the Cape and came to see us on the afternoon of the 14th (Ruth wasn't at home but arrived while they were still here. 

Earlier in the day while Ruth was still away I had received an e-mail from Danny's son Nicholas, stating that Danny's funeral was to take place on the West Rand on Tuesday the 20th June at 10 am.

His sons had taken over the funeral 
arrangements plus the costs involved which was the correct thing to do. But I knew that it was impossible for me to go  because of my condition - I can barely put one foot in front  of the other and most days I don't know  whether I will make it to the next day.

When Ruth phoned her brothers to tell them of Danny's  passing, they thought she was phoningto to tell them that it was me that had gone, which is logical seeing as I am only 4 months away from my 88th birthday.

When Ruth arrived home she also said that she knew she wouldn't be able to drive that distance in her state of health -  normally after a day in town doing our shopping she takes a week to recover due to her chronic illness of Fibromalgia. She is supposed to avoid stress and she has been bombarded with it for too long now. 

So that was how it came about that Danny was given a proper funeral service in a church with his brothers and other family members and his friends. Ruth and I were with them in spirit. 

We were happy that it was done this way because in hindsight Ruth and I would not have been able to cope with the things which would have had to be done here to accommodate a large crowd and Danny would not have had a proper church funeral.

So we thanked God  for
taking it out of our hands 
and arranging everything 
so beautifully.

The following day Wednesday 21st, Ruth and I, Thea and her father have a private get together in our small garden to celebrate Danny's life.

It is now the 22nd, and Ruth has to face the other event looming on the horizon. Her appointment with the lawyer.  Over the past week, she and I have both been praying and asking God to help us with this problem. 

We are learning to Wait on the Lord. 

next post  17th September






No comments:

Post a Comment