Pages

Sunday 17 September 2017

TWENTY SEVENTEEN - PART 25

     TWENTY                                  SEVENTEEN

     PART 25

    Hello folks,

    It is now Thursday, 
    22nd  June. Today
Ruth has to face  the other event looming on the horizon. The appointment with the lawyer. Over the past week we have both been praying and asking God to help us with our problem.The visit to the lawyer's office.

I sat in the car and waited for her. When 
she came back to the car she was looking rather glum and she told me that the lawyer was very non-committal and also not too friendly. Not surprising, she had after all  fired him and  gone to Legal Aid more than a year ago when he failed to carry out her instruction. He seemed to be more on the side of the opposition. He now told her that she would hear from his credit controller shortly.

Late afternoon we received the e-mail. God had answered our prayers. It was agreed that on condition Ruth would  revert back to paying R500 per month the lawyer would discount our account with with R7300 so instead of paying
 R13300 our debt was reduced to R6000.  

Isn't God awesome.  Previously we were
battling to pay the debt off - but we are also confident  that God will give us the means to do so. He has now already cut the debt down by more than half.

From the 12th to 24th June Ruth has been under constant relentless stress and strain. So now the health problem has been maximised. It will take its toll.

Usually when she does our monthly shopping she is away from home for plus minus 7 hours and when she gets home she still has to unpack everything and put it away. I am not much help
 as I am practically immobile.  After each visit to town it takes a few days for her to recuperate due to her Fibromyalgia. 

Now she has been on the go for 10 days with no respite plus the added shock and pain of her brother's death.  

Monday 3rd July, late afternoon, exactly three weeks since Danny died.  Steve phones me and informs me that I am the beneficiary of Danny's insurance policy valued at  a substantial amount.

There are things that I need to do, like filling in forms, providing info etc but as I am rather deaf I hand the phone to Ruth.

Steve sends whatsapp : 
option (1)  draw full amount
option (2) leave capital and draw interest
and leave capital for Ruth as next beneficiary.

I decide on option two.

6th July we go to town to get proof of residence from the bank needed for claim. I am not feeling well at all - we can't take dogs into bank and so have to make them secure at home. This is the first time in many months we have had to do this. 

Ruth puts the stool next to the open car door so that I can get into the car, and instead of putting it into the back of the "bakkie" as usual, she takes it back into the house and locks up. I watch her but am powerless to stop her.

When she comes back and gets into the car I ask her why she took the stool back to the house as I need it to get in and out of the car.  (I am able to slide out of the car but cannot get back in without the stool.)

This makes her furious and she vents - "it is through me and my continual demands to do this and do that that she has now forgotten her notebook listing the items she needs to buy, she  is not going back into the house and it is all my fault."

I shrink into my seat and keep my mouth shut. When we make our first stop in town she takes my hand and apologizes  for her behavior, but it doesn't erase the hurt in my heart.  I know that she is under tremendous strain and is not
well herself and I am so frail and useless that she has to carry a extra heavy burden. It is not an easy task to take care of an aged invalid.

 It is one of the molding lessons some of us have to learn while we travel on this earthly journey.  We have both learnt a lot in the past two years. Two years ago she would not have apologized ?
God is the Potter, we are the clay.



next post  24th September


No comments:

Post a Comment