Pages

Monday 11 September 2017

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY - PART 31

                                            ONE HEARTBEAT               AWAY
                                                   PART 31


(Mark Cahill's Book)

13.   The book of Psalms describes how the Messiah would die. Psalm 22: 14-20                       describes His death in detail:

I am poured out like water, all My bones are out of joint: My heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of My bowels.

My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and My tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and Thou hast brought Me into the dust of death.

For dogs have compassed Me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed Me:  they pierced My hands and My feet.

I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon Me.

They part My garments among them! and cast lots upon My vesture.

But be not Thou far from Me. O Lord:  O My strength,  haste Thee to help Me, deliver  My 
soul from the sword;
My darling from the power of the dog.

This amazing description of the physical effects of execution by crucifixion, was written hundreds of years before It was used by the Romans.

Crucifixion was first
practiced by the Romans
 about 200 years B.C., and first practiced in a Jewish province about 63 years B.C.
 yet it was predicted in Psalm 22,
 written by King David, who was born more than 1,000 before Jesus. Yes, it was predicted that Messiah would die that way, and He did. 

The fact that His hands and His feet would be pierced and that His garments would be gambled for are also striking prophetic details in Psalm 22.

Notice how it was fulfilled: Luke 23: 33-34 describes the scene of the crucifixion: 

And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand and the other
on the left. 

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them ; for they know not what they do. And they parted His raiment and cast lots.

In Matthew 27:35  we read:

And they crucified Him and parted His garments, casting lots that it might be fulfilled  which was spoken by the prophet, they parted My garments among them, and upon My vesture did they cast lots.

God said His Son would die in a certain manner
and He did.


Next post :  12th September




No comments:

Post a Comment