Pages

Wednesday 6 September 2017

ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY - PART 30



                                             ONE HEARTBEAT              AWAY
                                                    PART 30


(Mark Cahill's Book)


10.  Scripture tells us that Messiah
        would be betrayed by a friend.
         Among other references to this 
         event, Psalm 41: 9 says: 

Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.

Matthew 10:4  clearly speaks of "Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed Him."

And John 13:21-22, 25-26, tells more specifically how it was fulfilled.

...He was troubled in spirit and testified and  said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray Me. 

Then the disciples looked one upon another, doubting of whom He spoke.

...He then, lying on Jesus' breast  saith unto Him, Lord, who is it? 

Jesus answered, he it is to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when He had dipped the sop, He gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.

Thus Judas, knowing that he'd planned to betray his best friend , took the bread and ate it.

God said His Son would be betrayed by a friend who ate with Him and He was.

11.  The prophets said Messiah
       would be betrayed for 30 pieces
        of silver. Zechariah 11:12 says 
         of the betrayer:

And I said unto them, if ye think good, give me my price, and if not, forbear. So they weighed for My price thirty pieces of silver.

Matthew 26:15 shows the fulfillment :

And said unto them, what will ye give me, and I will deliver Him unto you?  And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver. 

Jesus was betrayed by a friend for the exact price that had been predicted hundreds of years before.

God said that the price of His Son's betrayer would be thirty pieces of silver, and it was.

12.  The Old Testament prophesies
        that Messiah would be mocked.

But I am a worm, and no man: a reproach of men, and despised of the people. 

All they that see me, laugh me to scorn; they shoot out the lip, they shake the head saying:

He trusted on the Lord, that He would deliver Him: let Him deliver Him seeing He delighted in Him.
Psalm 26:6-8

In Matthew 27:29 , its fulfillment is described:

And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon His head, and a reed in His right hand, and they bowed the knee before Him, and mocked Him, saying, Hail, king of the Jews!

Matthew 26:67 says:

Then did they spit in His face, and buffeted Him, and others smoted Him with the palms of their hands.

God said His Son would be mocked, and He was.

next post  12th September












No comments:

Post a Comment