Pages

Tuesday 19 July 2016

AWESOME GOD AND FAITH

                                           GOD DESIRES FAITH       FROM HIS                         CHILDREN  

  "Without Faith it is             impossible to please           God, because he that         comes to Him must
    believe that He exists
and that He rewards those who diligently seek Him."
Hebrews 11:6

What then is Faith ?

"Now faith is the  assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it men of old gained approval.
Hebrews 11: 1-2

When we have the kind of faith God desires for us, we will trust Him completely. Faith is two things first it is being sure of God's promises to us (the assurance of things hoped for) and second it is being sure that the invisible God does exist (the conviction  of things unseen) .

Fear is one of the enemy's most powerful weapons that he uses against us to break down our faith. Fear, anxiety and worry can overwhelm us to the extent that we are so burdened that we cannot think clearly. 

 I myself have sometimes been so overwhelmed, with fear that I felt like giving up. But where would I go without my God, what would I do without Him. Life would not be worth the living. He has never let me down. I have known what it is to have plenty and I also know what it is to have nothing. But in all of this He has always been there for me. 

The best way to fight fear is to be saturated with God's Word. There is real power in them, for they come straight from God. They are words of "life" calming and soothing to our souls.

You can choose not to allow fear to overwhelm you, by reading and memorizing God's promises.

Here are a few:
                                    

 "So do not fear for I am
    with you; do not be           dismayed for I am your     God. I will strengthen        and help you. I will           uphold you with My           righteous right hand. "     Isaiah 41:10


"Do not be anxious about anything , but in every situation, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving present your requests to God, and the peace of God which passes all understanding  will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
Phillipians 4: 6-7

"Peace is what I leave with you; it is My Own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be afraid."
John 14:27

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me."
Psalm 23: 4

"Cast all your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall."
Psalm 55:22

"The Lord is my light and  my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? "
Psalm 27:1

You can rest assured that whatever you are facing He is there, strengthening you and comforting you. He will never leave you nor forsake you.


next post  27th July

No comments:

Post a Comment